INDIANAPOLIS – The National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) has named 10 college and university students from 10 different member organizations to serve as members of the inaugural NPC Student Advisory Committee.
“A message heard loud and clear as part of NPC’s ‘Call for Critical Change’ was to include the student perspective in our advocacy efforts,” said Carole Jones, 2017-19 NPC chairman. “We look forward to working with the NPC Student Advisory Committee members to help build even stronger Panhellenic communities across the United States and Canada and ensure the current and future experience for collegiate sorority women is one of value and relevance.”
The NPC Executive Committee formed the Student Advisory Committee to help support the work of NPC to advance the sorority experience together, represent the collegiate woman’s perspective and provide suggestions on existing Panhellenic programs from NPC and offer ideas for new initiatives. Student Advisory Committee members also will serve as brand ambassadors for NPC.
Student Advisory Committee members will gain valuable experience working firsthand with NPC leadership and staff and learning more about NPC’s goals, objectives and strategies for being the premier advocacy and support organization for the advancement of the sorority experience.
2018-19 NPC Student Advisory Committee members:
- Katie Buhai, Kappa Delta, University of Alabama
- Kayla Eggering, Alpha Sigma Alpha, Missouri State University
- Syreen Goulmamine, Kappa Alpha Theta, Randolph-Macon College
- Sarah Howell, Delta Gamma, University of California-San Diego
- Jackie Lawler, Gamma Phi Beta, Iowa State University
- Elizabeth Longmire, Delta Zeta, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- Madison Marino, Alpha Delta Pi, Lamar University
- Michaela Mason, Sigma Delta Tau, Rutgers University
- Carlie Perner, Delta Delta Delta, University of Georgia
- Lauren Pfeil, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Butler University
In addition to the NPC Student Advisory Committee, the NPC Executive Committee also regularly engages with campus professionals serving on the 2017-19 NPC Fraternity/Sorority Advisor (FSA) Advisory (FSA) Committee. These committee members provide NPC with insight on campus trends and hot topics, as well as serve as brand ambassadors for NPC.
# # #
About the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC)
NPC, one of the largest organizations advocating for women, is the umbrella group for 26 national and international sororities. NPC sororities are located on more than 670 campuses with 380,565 undergraduate members in 3,234 chapters. Alumnae are represented in 3,889 associations throughout the world. For more information, including a complete list of NPC sororities, visit npcwomen.org or find NPC on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.