INDIANAPOLIS — The National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) has named 10 college and university students from 10 different member organizations to serve as members of the 2019-20 NPC Student Advisory Committee.
“The Student Advisory Committee provides a way to ensure the student perspective is included in our advocacy efforts,” said NPC Chief Executive Officer Dani Weatherford. “The committee’s input is vitally important to help NPC build even stronger Panhellenic communities across the United States and Canada and ensure the current and future experience for collegiate sorority women remains valuable and relevant.”
Now in its second year, the Student Advisory Committee helps to support the work of NPC to advance the sorority experience together, represent the collegiate woman’s perspective and provide suggestions on existing Panhellenic programs from NPC and offer ideas for new initiatives. Student Advisory Committee members also will serve as brand ambassadors for NPC.
The students on the committee gain valuable experience working firsthand with NPC leadership and staff and learning more about NPC’s goals, objectives and strategies for being the premier advocacy and support organization for the advancement of the sorority experience.
2019-20 NPC Student Advisory Committee members:
- Mackenzie Bentley, Delta Gamma, Morehead State University
- Claire Canestrino, Alpha Delta Pi, University of Pennsylvania
- Claire Dutreix, Kappa Kappa Gamma, University of Mississippi
- Gianna Gesualdo, Alpha Phi, St. Joseph’s University (PA)
- Caitlin Oakley, Delta Delta Delta, University of Colorado-Boulder
- Emily Rodriguez, Kappa Alpha Theta, The Ohio State University
- Donna Shahbazi, Delta Zeta, Creighton University
- Allison Starkenburg, Kappa Delta, Oregon State University
- Ireland Williams, Sigma Kappa, University of Rhode Island
- Natalie Zepeda, Alpha Chi Omega, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
For more information on NPC’s advocacy efforts, visit npcwomen.org/priorities.
About the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC)
NPC, one of the largest organizations advocating for women, is the umbrella group for 26 national and international sororities. NPC sororities are located on more than 670 campuses with over 400,000 undergraduate members in more than 3,350 chapters. Alumnae are represented in more than 3,650 associations throughout the world. For more information, including a complete list of NPC sororities, visit npcwomen.org or find NPC on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.