Each year, the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) surveys its 26 women’s-only member organizations to collect vital statistics regarding the sorority experience.
NPC asks questions regarding membership, new member retention, academic success (including GPA), philanthropy and volunteering, organizational structure and housing.
Highlights from the 2018-19 Annual Survey of NPC sororities:
- 5,385,038 women initiated into our organizations (26 member organizations reporting).
- 134,106 new members initiated (26 member organizations reporting).
- Initiated members had an average GPA of 3.29 for fall 2018 and an average GPA of 3.31 for spring 2019 (16 and 10 member organizations reporting, respectively).
- More than $4.6 million in scholarships awarded to members (16 member organizations reporting).
- Collegiate and alumnae members together donated more than $17 million for inter/national philanthropy activity (13 member organizations reporting) and volunteered nearly 1.9 million hours for inter/national volunteer activities (14 member organizations reporting).