Each year, the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) surveys its 26 women’s-only member organizations to collect vital statistics regarding the sorority experience.
NPC asks questions regarding membership, new member retention, academic success (including GPA), philanthropy and volunteering, organizational structure and housing.
Highlights from the 2019-20 Annual Survey of NPC sororities:
- 5,494,957 women initiated into our organizations (26 member organizations reporting).
- 375,397 undergraduate members (26 member organizations reporting).*
- 113,095 new members initiated (26 member organizations reporting).*
- More than $7.1 million in scholarships awarded to members (22 member organizations reporting).
- Collegiate and alumnae members together donated nearly $22 million for inter/national philanthropy activity and volunteered nearly 3.3 million hours for inter/national volunteer activities (not all organizations reported these statistics).
*Because of the pandemic, not all new members were initiated in the spring and were deferred to fall 2020.