Marketing and Design Intern (Updated Nov. 5, 2018)
NPC is hiring a marketing and design intern to work in the NPC office for the winter term. Candidates must be local to the Indianapolis area. Position starts on or after Jan. 7, 2019.
Basic function and responsibilities:
The marketing and visual design intern will help carry out the purpose and mission of the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) by providing assistance in the areas of marketing and visual communication design. The individual in this internship will gain generalist support role experience in traditional and digital marketing as well as graphic design.
This position supports a number of functions in the NPC office, including education, events, executive, NPC Foundation, operations and administrative.
Under the guidance and direction of the director of marketing and communication:
- Write primarily for NPC digital properties, including websites, blogs, email marketing and social media
- Use knowledge of design trends create new marketing materials from concept to final product or update existing NPC marketing materials, such as printed signage, fliers and brochures, educational materials, web/social media images and more
- Uphold brand guidelines and assist others in brand usage
- Editing and proofreading
- Marketing research
- On-site event support at College Panhellenic Academy (Jan. 25-26, 2019, in Indianapolis)
- Opportunity for additional writing, marketing and design assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, )
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, )
- Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Knowledge of AP style
- Self-starter who can work independently while also contributing to team projects
- Time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Web publishing, a plus but not required
- Video editing/motion graphics ability, a plus but not required
Desired Majors: Marketing, electronic media, visual communication design, business with a marketing concentration or other related field
Desired Year in School: Enrolled as a junior or senior in an undergraduate program. Applications will also be accepted from recent graduates of an undergraduate program.
Learning potential/By the end of this internship you will:
- Gain experience working in a professional office environment
- Gain experience working on many different projects
- Have a working knowledge of how to build and execute a comprehensive marketing plan
- Gain knowledge of nonprofit operations
- Have networking opportunities with corporate partners and member organizations
- Include public-facing work products in your professional portfolio
Time commitment/Compensation: Up to 20 hours weekly in the Indianapolis-based office.
Compensation for this internship includes workspace, use of computer and $8 per hour.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and three writing or design samples to Nicole Cronenwett, director of special projects, at email@example.com.