The National Panhellenic Conference, one of the largest organizations advocating for women, is the umbrella group for 26 national and international sororities that are autonomous social organizations. NPC sororities are located on more than 670 campuses with 380,565 undergraduate members in 3,234 chapters. Alumnae are represented in 3,889 associations throughout the world.
NPC was established in 1902 to assist collegiate and alumnae chapters of the NPC member organizations in cooperating with colleges and universities and to foster interfraternal relationships.
The National Panhellenic Conference is the premier advocacy and support organization for the advancement of the sorority experience.
National Panhellenic Conference - Advancing the Sorority Experience Together.
We are committed to relationships built on trust through transparency, accountability and mutual respect. Innovation and our core values of friendship, leadership, service, knowledge, integrity and community guide us in fulfilling our mission.
Our Successes 2014-15
- Close to 4.8 million women are initiates of our 26 member organizations
- Over 386,000 undergraduates at maximum membership size, and increase of 8 percent over the previous year
- 3,234 collegiate chapters
- 3,889 alumnae chapters
- $34,880,415 raised for philanthropic causes by collegiate and alumnae members
- 2,958,395 hours volunteered in support of nonprofit organizations
- 2,544 inter/nationl organization scholarships awarded
- $4,792,880 in scholarship awarded by 22 NPC member organizations
- NPC organizations provide housing to over 40,000 undergraduates in housing that they own.