College Panhellenic Associations are based on democratic principles and organized to enable cooperation among the women’s-only sororities on a campus. College Panhellenic members must respect and obey the letter and spirit of all National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) Unanimous Agreements and policies.
All chapters involved in the College Panhellenic Association, regardless of their membership class, must be women’s-only organizations.
College Panhellenic Associations exist to:
- Conduct the business of the College Panhellenic only during the campus academic year.
- Promote the growth of individual chapters and the sorority community.
- Organize and sponsor a membership recruitment program.
- Encourage the highest possible academic, social and moral standards.
- Coordinate activities, establish orderly procedures and provide for programming in addition to recruitment.
- Adjudicate all matters related to the NPC Unanimous Agreements, College Panhellenic bylaws and/or other governing documents, College Panhellenic membership recruitment rules, College Panhellenic code of ethics and College Panhellenic standing rules.
- Actively support the mission of its host institution.
- Promote good public relations for the sorority experience.
- Give service to the community and campus.
- Sponsor Junior Panhellenic, if appropriate, for specialized programming efforts.
- Promote friendship, harmony and unity among members, chapters, faculty, administrators and campus groups.