Each year, the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) surveys its 26 women’s-only member organizations to collect vital statistics regarding the sorority experience. NPC asks questions regarding membership, new member retention, academic success (including GPA), philanthropy and volunteering, organizational structure and housing.
Highlights from the 2020-21 Annual Survey of NPC sororities:
- 5,588,276 women initiated into our organizations (26 member organizations reporting).
- 367,647 undergraduate members (26 member organizations reporting).
- 136,969 new members initiated (26 member organizations reporting).*
- Nearly $5.5 million in scholarships awarded to members (23 member organizations reporting).
- Collegiate and alumnae members together donated more than $34 million for inter/national philanthropy activity and volunteered nearly 1 million hours for inter/national volunteer activities (not all organizations reported these statistics).
*Because of the pandemic, not all new members were initiated in the spring and were deferred to fall 2020.